Phillips & Cohen Associates Celebrates 20 Years
Wilmington, DE – February 2017 – Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd., (PCA) the global leader in deceased account management, is excited to announce the celebration of its 20th Anniversary.
Founded by Matthew Phillips and Adam Cohen in Westampton, NJ, in 1997, PCA evolved from start-up collection agency to the worldwide leader in compassionate account care in a relatively short period of time. Throughout its existence, PCA has adapted and flourished in the ever-changing financial services industry by sticking to its core values of Commitment, Compliance, Compassion, and Innovation. Matthew Phillips commented “[i]t’s been an amazing 20 years and we are fortunate and thankful to work with so many incredible people for so long. It’s something we never take for granted.”
Domestically headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, with international service offerings in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Spain, Australia and New Zealand, PCA currently employs over 500 people with plans for additional growth. In fact, the 20th Anniversary comes at an exciting time for the global organization, as plans for expansion both domestically and internationally have been recently announced. Adam Cohen added “[e]ven after two decades, we still feel the same excitement as we grow our business in the US and around the world. We look forward to driving innovation in our company and the industry for years to come.”
Amongst PCA’s proudest moments are the many accolades and awards the company has earned over the years. The United States team has been awarded Delaware’s Top Workplaces for seven (7) consecutive years, including in 2015 when it was named as the Top Mid-Size Workplace. Industry Publication, insideARM, repeatedly named PCA a Top Place to Work in Collections. In the United Kingdom, our Manchester team achieved: Investors in People Champion status, a first for a collection agency; Credit Today’s “Treating Customers Fairly” Award; and CICM’s “Responsible Approach to the Consumer. Howard Enders noted “[w]hile we greatly appreciate the industry recognition we’ve received over the years, the most gratifying feedback continues to come from our people, our clients, and the millions of consumers we’ve helped over the years.”
PCA Throughout the Years – A 20 Year Timeline
· 1997: Founded in Westampton, NJ.
· 1998: Introduction to compassionate probate/estate recovery services.
· 2004: PCA Acquisitions, LLC is formed as PCA’s specialty debt-buying arm.
· 2006: Phillips & Cohen Associates (UK) opens in Manchester, UK.
· 2008: Domestic Corporate Headquarters moves to Wilmington, DE.
· 2012: Phillips & Cohen Associates (Canada) opens in Pointe-Claire, QC Canada
· 2013: PCA establishes Estate-Serve®; the industry’s first and only online portal for consumer, self-service estate account management.
· 2013: Phillips & Cohen Associates (Australia) opens in Melbourne, Australia.
· 2013: PCA adds real-time speech analytics to its collections and estates service offerings in the US
· 2016-2017: U.S. Operations expansion and international growth in Ireland, New Zealand and Spain.
About Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd.
Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd. is a full service accounts receivable management company providing customized services to creditors in a variety of specialized market segments. Phillips & Cohen Associates, Ltd is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, with additional offices in Colorado, Florida, and New Jersey, as well as international offices in the UK, Canada, Spain and Australia. For more information about Phillips & Cohen Associates visit www.phillips-cohen.com. PCA provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.