POSITION: Chief Operating OfficerLocation: Colorado
Position Summary: The Chief Operating Officer (COO) plays a critical role in the company’s success by overseeing all day-to-day operations within PFC USA. The COO works directly with the President/CEO and the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement long-term company goals and strategies and to provide leadership and direction for all business matters. In addition, the COO is required to perform all the responsibilities and job-related duties as described below.
• Model and exemplify the company’s core values of integrity, professionalism and accountability.
• Provide direction and leadership toward fulfilling the company’s vision and mission.
• In cooperation with the President/CEO and the Senior Leadership Team, develop and implement the strategic goals and objectives of the division and organization.
• As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, establish, monitor and achieve annual divisional and company-wide financial, revenue and profitability goals.
• Actively engage in the work of the Senior Leadership Team, submitting important agenda items, providing meaningful feedback, and following through on action items.
• Actively participate in the StratOp strategic planning process, identifying, planning, implementing and executing major strategic initiatives.
• Develop divisional goals and KPI in support of company-wide strategic goals and objectives. Monitor division performance against goals.
• Mentor and develop departmental directors and divisional supervisors to ensure that PFC maintains and retains high quality, high caliber talent for the future growth and viability of the organization.
• Foster and steward relationships with clients. Ensure the successful implementation and on-boarding of major new clients. Partner with clients on high-level strategies and processes. Interface with clients when necessary and appropriate on day-to-day operational issues.
• Engage with the Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing and the Regional VPs of Business Development to support business development efforts, including establishing competitive and profitable fee rates, supporting contract negotiations, visiting and presenting to prospective new clients, and providing information and support with respect to proposals and RFPs.
• Establish and oversee relationships with vendors primarily impacting operations, including vetting and selecting most appropriate vendors, collaborating with General Counsel and other PFC stakeholders to negotiate favorable contractual terms, coordinating efforts as necessary with IT and other company departments, monitoring and evaluating vendor performance, communicating and resolving concerns, identifying and executing on opportunities for improvement, and providing support and information vendor needs to be successful.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned periodically by management
Required Knowledge, Skills:
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional leadership and management skills.
• Ability to measure and improve performance.
• Strong analytical, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field OR commensurate, progressive leadership experience
• Front line leadership experience and formal leadership & management training.
• Minimum of ten years of working and five years of leadership and management experience in collections, A/R management and/or health care revenue cycle.
• Significant experience and history of success fostering and stewarding relationships with clients, partnering with clients on high-level strategies, and interfacing with clients on daily operational issues
• Significant experience and history of success establishing strategic partnerships with appropriate vendors, including vetting, selection, contract negotiation, implementation and monitoring
• Significant experience developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
• Experience reading, interpreting and responding to financial statements.
• Working knowledge of collection laws, regulations and practices.
Reporting to this position: Operations.